The best team members are those that I call The organized ones.
or·gan·ized (ôrg-nzd) – Efficient and methodical
A list of observations of some traits and activities :
* Usage of folders and mailbox rules to process emails, vs an inbox with 4999 unread emails.
* Using Find in Files or $grep -r “something” * or in your favorite text editor
* Doesn’t duplicate documents or content all over the place – e.g. lets write this is a word doc, and copy and paste the contents to a comment on issue ticket, and then attach the word doc with the ticket, and then store the word doc in Dropbox.
* When you browse a file tree in a directory and sub-directories – there isn’t too much ambiguity and depth.
* Searching though chat history to find some that was discussed recently.
* Using search (see a theme ?), for e-mails.
* Just google it, open a bunch of tabs/links and read, instead of saying they don’t know, or nobody told them.
* Tend to use the keyboard a lot more then their mouse, and actively research shortcuts to improve efficiency.
* When talking to them getting the feeling that they haven’t confused themselves.